Wednesday 2 March 2016

Gentleman Jim – JIM REEVES****

Memories Are Made Of This/Roses Are Red/After Loving You/Stand In/Waltzing On Top Of The World/When You Are Gone/Just Out Of Reach/I Love You Because/I’d Fight The World/One That Got Away/Once Upon A Time/I Never Pass There Anymore

Gentleman Jim, from country legend Jim Reeves, contains the No. 5 hit single I Love You Because. Like many of his albums it fared much better in the UK than in his native country. (UK:3)

"I really enjoy listening to his voice. his songs are meaningful. His music will live within many many people, including me. Those of us who were fortunate to have been brought up listening to good music such as this, we were blessed."

"Every time I hear I Love You Because it reminds me of happy times, when my country was a good wholesome place. What a beautiful voice. He puts today's so-called 'country' to shame."

"I Love You Because is a beautiful and comforting song. This song and artist will always be remembered as simply the best. The voice of an angel."

"Thank you Jim for the music. The first time I heard your song I Love You Because, it became one of my favourites."

"Never ever will there be another voice as his, Jim Reeves will forever be my most favourite male singer. Praise the Lord to be able to live and hear your sweet, sweet music. Your voice is a miracle."

"Love his wonderful voice and nice way of singing. Unfortunately he was gone too soon but his music lives forever."

"Whenever I hear Jim Reeves voice I think of one thing - pure class. He brought more class to country music with his voice than any other singer I've yet heard."

"Even today the golden voice of 'Gentleman Jim' is cherished from the deepest part of my heart. I don't think he could be replaced by another in history. His legacy is alive, gentle, whispering and touching the soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment