Sunday 13 March 2016

Billy - BILLY FURY***

We Were Meant For Each Other/How Many Nights How Many Days/Willow Weep For Me/Bumble Bee/She Cried/Let Me Know/The Chapel On The Hill/Like I’ve Never Been Gone/A Million Miles From Nowhere/I’ll Show You/Our Day Will Come/All My Hopes/One Step From Heaven/One Kiss/Hard Times/ Broken Hearted

Sixties pop idol Billy Fury enjoyed his third UK album success with Billy which features the No. 3 hit single Like I've Never Been Gone. In the early sixties Billy was second only to Cliff Richard as the most popular UK male vocalist. His immense talent is best displayed in the many compilations of his timeless, beautifully crafted singles. (UK:6)

"Billy helps paint a fuller picture of Britain's number one rock and roller."

"Mainly of interest to Billy Fury fans rather than someone who wants to start to get to know his music."

"Billy's hottest period ran from 1961 to mid 1963, when his star faded as other Liverpool stars became more popular."

"Billy is still regarded as an important early British hit-maker."

"Many people sing, occasionally someone like Billy comes along, he had the 'magic dust' in his voice which few people have."

"Billy had it all. Super voice, distinctive style and the camera loved him."

"Like I’ve Never Been Gone is lovely song, don't make them like this anymore, I think I was born in the wrong era."

"Billy Fury what a talent, what a singer."

"Wonderful singer - I can understand why the UK loved him so much."

No comments:

Post a Comment