Monday 21 March 2016

For Your Sweet Love – RICKY NELSON**

For Your Sweet Love/Gypsy Woman/You Don’t Love Me Anymore (And I Can Tell)/Everytime I See You Smiling/Pick Up The Pieces/String Along/One Boy Too Late/Everytime I Think About You/Let’s Talk The Whole Thing Over/I Got A Woman/What Come’s Next/I Will Follow You

For Your Sweet Love was Ricky Nelson’s first album release with Decca. Many pundits consider his Decca output to be inferior to the earlier recordings on the Imperial label. (US:20)

"Although Gypsy Woman and I Got A Woman stand up to the best of his early-'60s hits, the rest of the material is too average, and the execution too low-energy, to merit attention from anyone except fervid Nelson fans."

"Its among the best stuff that Nelson would record for the Decca label."

"Much of the material is either substandard pop or dusty Tin Pan Alley standards."

"When Ricky switched labels something was missing. Like most pop music in America at this time a lot of the songs here seem 'watered down' compared to the harder, more exciting material on his Imperial albums a few years before."

“As Ricky albums go, this one's pretty lean. The only song with any energy is a cover of Ray Charles' I Got A Woman."

No comments:

Post a Comment