Monday 14 March 2016

Days Of Wine & Roses – ANDY WILLIAMS****

Falling In Love With You/I Left My Heart In San Francisco/You Are My Sunshine/What Kind Of Fool Am I/When You’re Smiling/Days Of Wine & Roses/Its A Most Unusual Day/My Colouring Book/Can’t Get Used To Losing You/I Really Don’t Want To Know/Exactly Like You/May Each Day

Days Of Wine & Roses was a gigantic US hit for the perennial MOR vocalist Andy Williams, topping the US album chart for sixteen weeks. Includes the No. 2 hit single Can't Get Used To Losing You. Released as Can't Get Used To Losing You & Other Requests in the UK. (US:1)

"Andy Williams is more than an easy listening balladeer. Days Of Wine & Roses finds Williams adroitly tackling an array of musical styles showcased on his '60s NBC variety series."

"The melancholy title cut, number two hit single Can't Get Used To Losing You, and sentimental TV show closer, May Each Day, all became Williams standards."

"This album sailed the charts for more than a year, perched at the number one spot for four months in 1963."

"Most of the songs are a little overblown production numbers, culled from Williams' hugely successful variety TV show of the 60s - but remember, it's Andy Williams, and that's good music any time."

"Days of Wine & Roses is a rather uneven set but a highly enjoyable one."

"Days of Wine & Roses, written or co-written by the late great Henry Mancini sounds so beautiful."

"I really loved Can't Get Used To Losing You as a boy and I still do. It is catchy and I think I picked it up rather quickly. Anyway Mr. Williams does a perfect job every time. I love his voice even today."

"Can't Get Used To Losing You is the song that made me fall in love with Andy."

No comments:

Post a Comment