Sunday 6 March 2016

Blame It On The Bossa Nova – EYDIE GORME****

One Note Samba/Melodie D’amour/The Gift/The Sweetest Sounds/Dansero/Blame It On The Bossa Nova/ Desafinado/The Message/Almost Like Being In Love/Moon River/The Coffee Song/I Remember You

American MOR vocalist Eydie Gorme achieved her first US album placing in five years with Blame It On The Bossa Nova. It was no doubt helped by the title track hit, at No. 7 her highest charting single. (US:22)

"Its class pop music from one of America's classiest popular vocalists."

"I have loved Eydie singing ever since I first heard her on the radio back in the sixties on a song called Blame It On The Bossa Nova. I still love the song."

"The original LP was recorded at the beginning of the bossa nova craze, and while the 'fad’ may have ebbed, the style and the music has not faded by any means."

"Eydie's recordings hold up as classics, and sound as vibrant and relevant to today's musical ear as they did when she first laid down these tracks."

"One of my own personal favourites on the album is Eydie's take on Melodie D'Amour. I love the song, and I love Eydie's presentation of it."

"Every track is a most pleasant experience to listen to again and again."

"I'll never be 15 years old again hearing Blame It On The Bossa Nova for the first time on the radio: but I can relive that time again and again just by putting on this album."

"Eydie Gorme is a very underrated singer. As a vocalist she is just stunning. Her voice is one of the most delightful I've heard."

"I love this album. The bossa nova was an amazingly fun and exciting style and these songs are just swinging."

No comments:

Post a Comment