Friday 25 November 2016

My Cherie – AL MARTINO****

What Now My Love/Crying In The Chapel/I’ll Never Find Another You/Fascination/Till/My Cherie/Moon Over Naples (Spanish Eyes)/Melody Of Love/It Only Hurts For A Little While/Three Coins In A Fountain/I Wish You Love

Easy listening Al Martino maintained his mid sixties revival with My Cherie which includes the first outing of his best known song Spanish Eyes based on the Bert Kaempfert instrumental Moon Over Naples. (US:19)

"From the opening notes of the French based What Now My Love this is a different Al Martino, singing popular tunes of the day. There are also evergreen standards here; two of note being the beautiful Till and Fascination. And everyone knows that Spanish Eyes started its life as Moon Over Naples, an instrumental by Bert Kaempfert. The lyrics wouldn't work with that title so it became Spanish Eyes, which became one of Al's signature songs, and a favourite to millions."

"Listen and enjoy a great album from one of the best and underrated crooners of all time."

"The My Cherie ensemble is Al Martino at his best. For me, all of his greatest hits are here starting with of course, My Cherie, It Only Hurts For A Little While, Spanish Eyes, etc. Pay whatever price to get this, it is well worth the money."

"Al Martino have been a favourite singer for me since the sixties when I stopped listening to The Beatles and was ready for some new directions in music."

"Al Martino is moving, brilliant and always more than satisfying. His voice is a work of art. Listening to Al is a beautiful experience."

"Al Martino is one who can melt an iceberg. All of the songs here are great. They just don't sing them like him anymore. So if it's gonna be a cold winter where you are, buy this relax, and dream of the days when wine and roses and smooth, dreamy, men who made you blush with their romantic ways, were once in style."

"What a brilliant performer and a real treasure to musical history. Spanish Eyes is his signature and no one does it better." Vox

No comments:

Post a Comment