Monday 28 November 2016

All I Really Want To Do – CHER***

All I Really Want To Do/I Go To Sleep/Needles & Pins/Don’t Think Twice/She Thinks I Still Care/Dream Baby/The Bells Of Rhymney/Girl Don’t Come/See See Rider/Come & Stay With Me/Cry Myself To Sleep/Blowin’ In The Wind

All I Really Want To Do was the debut album from consistent US pop vocalist Cher. The title track was a No. 15 hit in the States and No. 7 in the UK. Cher managed to stay on top of her game over the years by successfully adapting to changing musical styles, not all of them necessarily for the better. (US:16 UK:7)

"All I Really Want To Do, like the debut album by Sonny & Cher, contains many covers. The album includes recordings of contemporary, uptempo rock songs, but it also has a somewhat folky slant to it, in order to differentiate it from the musical style of Sonny & Cher's records."

"Sonny produced these recordings using Phil Spector's famed wall of sound production techniques and the results are endurably memorable. The songs are classics, written by Bob Dylan, Jackie De Shannon, Sonny Bono and Pete Seeger, among many others."

"Cher's first solo album and it contains some gems such as I Go To Sleep and Dream Baby. Cher sounds sincere, fresh and awesome on this album." "If you are a Cher fan then you will fall in love with the oldies on this collection."

"All I Really Want To Do is a great song, full of power and feeling. I love the sound from the sixties."

"All I Really Want To Do summed up this album. The songs, each in their own right, a stanza to the lives and loves of the young in those days of easy living and free love. Some classics in there, I Go To Sleep and Blowin' In The Wind, were standards and were well reproduced by Cher's distinctive deep voice."

"Quite a melancholy collection but Cher's voice is loud and true. The recording quality for the background music is not too good. However, its Cher's voice that shines through and that's flawless."

No comments:

Post a Comment