Saturday 12 November 2016

I Have Dreamed – MATT MONRO****

I Have Dreamed/Who Can I Turn To/My Friend My Friend/Love Is A Many Splendored Thing/Its A Breeze/ Without The One You Love/Once In Every Long & Lonely While/All My Loving/If This Should Be A Dream/How Soon/Exodus/Here & Now/Friendly Persuasion/Start Living

Britain's best known ballad singer during the early 1960s, Matt Monro achieved his only UK hit album of contemporary material with I Have Dreamed. He was at the peak of his popularity during the beat group boom, appealing much more to the older generation than to teenagers. (UK:20)

"Matt's voice was deep and warm, his timing superb, and his ability to 'tell a story' via a song matchless. He does sound like Sinatra at times but for me he's better with the slower less 'swinging' songs than Frank."

"A truly wonderful singer who was very much underrated. He has a silky smooth voice that just flows."

"This is a great sounding album that will remind you, and send you spinning back in time, to the 1960s with that rich and velvety voice that was so relaxed."

"Just how talented Matt was. I read he was the singer's singer. It shows in his ability to hold a note. He is sadly missed."

"You'll appreciate watching this portrait of a man whose voice can never be duplicated, who will move you and warm your heart with his passionate voice, perfect pitch and wide vocal range."

"Matt Monro could take a song and make it a masterful symphony with his excellent style of performing ballads. He will always remain one of the best male vocalists of the entire twentieth century."

"Matt Monro deserves much more recognition that he receives in our times. Matt could take a song and make it his own, through his exquisite and sensitive renditions that always reflected sensitivity and good judgment."

"The best singer England has produced and sadly lost. I'm glad we can still listen to his magic voice. I Have Dreamed is one of the most beautiful songs ever written."

No comments:

Post a Comment