Tuesday 10 January 2017

Tears Of Happiness – KEN DODD**

I Wonder Who’s Kissing Her Now/I Don’t Know Why(I Just Do)/Girl Of My Dreams/Younger Than Springtime/ Say/More Than Ever/My Thanks To You/Tears/The Story Of A Starry Night/This Year’s Lovers/The Very Thought Of You/With All My Heart/My Wonderful One/I’ll Be Seeing You

Better known as the zany Liverpudlian comic, Ken Dodd achieved success in the sixties with his interpretations of mostly old style songs. The single Tears topped the UK chart for five weeks to the disgust and despair of Top Of The Pops teenage viewers who remained distinctly 'untickled' by the experience. (UK:6)

"This funny man is perhaps best well known for his comedy shows which, alas, do not contain enough of his excellent songs."

"This man surely brings pleasure to so many and here you can appreciate the musical talent which has entertained so many people over so many years."

"Ken was best known as a comedian but in the sixties he made some wonderful, easy listening pop music and had a string of British hits."

"By far Ken's biggest hit, Tears, spent several weeks at number one in the UK charts of 1965 and was one of the best-selling UK singles that year."

"This is maybe not an album that would interest the younger generation which would be a pity - they don't know what they're missing."

"I can remember the 'shock' when Ken first released Tears. What serendipity to find a zany comic with such a great voice."

"Ken's charming voice always makes my day when I listen to him. He is one of the finest artists to have ever lived. Such a huge talent."

No comments:

Post a Comment