Saturday 7 January 2017

Love Is Forever – CLIFF RICHARD***

Everyone Needs Someone To Love/Long Ago(And Far Away)/(All Of A Sudden)My Heart Sings/Have I Told You Lately That I Love You/Fly Me To The Moon/Theme From A Summer Place/I Found A Rose/My Foolish Heart/ Through The Eye Of A Needle/My Colouring Book/I’ll Walk Alone/Someday(You’ll Want Me To Want You)/ Paradise Lost/Look Homeward Angel

An album of classic love songs, Love Is Forever was a premature attempt to reposition Cliff towards a more adult audience. He must have been rather disappointed with the relatively poor chart showing. (UK:19)

"What is presented here are mostly cover versions of other artists' hits. His interpretations are good enough but nothing beats the originals and his own contribution in this era was considerable."

"This album has many good songs on it, a lot of them are cover versions of songs that I didn't like at first, but in my view, Cliff's versions are more modern in a 60s kind of way."

"What a great version of My Colouring Book. I love his voice."

"I wish I could be in that summer place with Cliff, just to listen to his voice and look at that sweet face he's always had. Cliff Richard will always be loved by all of us who know his music and that pure love in his voice when he sings to us."

"Love and romance are missing from a lot of music these days. Where has it gone? Bring it back."

No comments:

Post a Comment