Saturday 21 January 2017

Spanish Eyes – AL MARTINO***

Spanish Eyes/My Foolish Heart /By The River Of The Roses/Make The World Go Away/Hello Memory/Till Then My Love/The White Rose Of Athens/Forgive Me/The End Of The World/One Has My Name/I’ll Hold You In My Heart/Think I’ll Go Somewhere & Cry Myself To Sleep

The success of the song Spanish Eyes, lifted from Al Martino's previous album My Cherie, was such that it was included again on the hastily released follow up LP that was named after it. He would continue to place albums on the lower reaches of the chart for the next decade. (US:8)

"Al Martino has had a strong effect on me since childhood when my dad introduced me to contemporary music. There is no one I would rather listen to for hours on end, that rich baritone voice can sooth and excite your senses. When you are in the mood for romance, no one fills the bill more than Al Martino."

"Al Martino is moving, brilliant and always more than satisfying. His voice is a work of art. Listening to Al is a beautiful experience."

"Think I'll Go Somewhere & Cry Myself To Sleep works very well when Al Martino sings this one out with loads of energy."

"Al Martino sings a love song with an emotional undertone which is his own style."

"Spanish Eyes features Al in the spotlight; this wonderful ballad never sounded better than when Al delivers it here with so much genuine passion. I love it. Think I'll Go Somewhere & Cry Myself To Sleep uses the strings to great advantage and Al never lets go of a superfluous note. The percussion and guitar work enhance this number all the more too."

No comments:

Post a Comment