Saturday 16 January 2016

We Thank Thee – JIM REEVES***

We Thank Thee/Where We’ll Never Grow Old/I’ll Fly Away/Across The Bridge/Have Thine Own Way Lord/My Cathedral/The Night Watch/I’d Rather Have Jesus/Where Do I Go From Here/Take My Hand Precious Lord/This World Is Not My Home/Oh Gentle Shepherd

We Thank Thee was an album of new and traditional gospel songs, the kind of material that was well suited to the more restrained and sincere sounding voice of Jim Reeves. (UK:17)

“This album is a gospel treasure that has been hidden for far too long. When I listen to Jim's voice on this album, I definitely know that the Divine one put him here on this earth to glorify us with his sound.”

“This album will not only bless your heart, but it will also comfort your soul. Whenever I listen to this album it just does something special to my heart. You have never been anywhere until you have been Across The Bridge with the glorious Jim Reeves.”

“Who better to sing these hymns than Jim Reeves. Even if you don't like religious music, you will love this LP. If you have ever been curious about the velvet voice of Jim Reeves, look no further. This is a great way to get to know his timeless voice.” “For most people, gospel music is either too abrasive or too slickly done. Its got to have soul but needn't be emotionally overwrought. Jim Reeves performances are just right. For fanatics he may be too smooth, but every one else can just appreciate the fact that these lovely songs are performed by one of the warmest voices in recorded history. It is a perfectly lovely baritone that is never overextended.”

“This has been and still is one of the most beautiful inspirational albums by the inimitable Jim Reeves that I have really enjoyed over many decades. It is a spiritual banquet for the soul and a great source of comfort to the heart.”

“This is the music of a spectacular singer, Jim Reeves. His voice was wonderful, as are all the sacred songs on this LP. I highly recommend this for anyone who likes classical renditions of these beautiful songs.”

“We Thank Thee is an inspirational album of new and traditional gospel songs. Although Reeves' voice is in good shape nothing here particularly stands out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment