Sunday 10 January 2016

Roses Are Red – BOBBY VINTON***

Roses Are Red/Sentimental Me/I Fall To Pieces/Mr Lonely/Have I Told You Lately That I Love You/I Can’t Stop Loving You/I Can’t Help It/True Love/Always In My Heart/Crying/If I Give My Heart To You/Please Help Me I’m Falling

Bobby Vinton straddled the divide between the teen idols and the adult easy listening vocalists. He hit the ground running with his debut album Roses Are Red with the title track topping the singles chart in the States. (US:5)

“He had more in common with such fifties artists as Perry Como, Pat Boone and Andy Williams, than to his sixties pop contemporaries. But in any era there's always room for good songs and a great voice to sing them.”

Roses Are Red, a classic love ballad, makes a strong start for the album. I like the lush musical arrangement and the backup vocalists do a great job.”

“Bobby Vinton made quite a career out of a very limited vocabulary of song titles, and worked within a fairly narrow prism of subjects and styles. Yet in so doing he was immensely successful, and he ripped up the charts with a number of hits.”

“I love this record which brings back such beautiful music, and beautiful times. If only these times were still here today. I loved all of his music and all of the 50s/60s.”

No comments:

Post a Comment