Wednesday 20 January 2016

Ramblin’ Rose – NAT KING COLE****

Ramblin’ Rose/Wolverton Mountain/Twilight On The Trail/I Don’t Want It That Way/He’ll Have To Go/When You’re Smiling/Goodnight Irene Goodnight/Your Cheatin’ Heart/One Has My Name/Skip To My Lou/The Good Times/Sing Another Song(And We’ll All Go Home)

Ramblin’ Rose, an LP of mostly country songs, provided Nat King Cole with one of the most commercially successful albums of his career. The title track was a top five hit in both Britain and the USA. (US:3)

“There are a few songs such as Skip To My Lou that tend to be a little on the corny side but overall this LP is very good. Nat brings his warm and seductive charm to these tunes, He could sing anything and make you love it - which is just what happened to me. It has that 'everybody, sing-it-with-me' quality.”

“For a non-country fan like me, Ramblin' Rose turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Only Nat King Cole's magnificent voice could make me have more respect for this genre of music, whereas before I thought most country songs were about drinking beer and cheating on your partner.”

“Nat King Cole had the kind of voice and talent which stands alone regardless of the style of music he performed. If I had to live out my days with only a limited selection of music, this album would be on my shortlist.”

“Featuring country & western tunes by that velvet voice from heaven. No other singer in the business had the warmth that this man gave during a performance.”

“Highlights and stand outs are the entire album, with fun loving country & western melodies interwoven with lingering arrangements that instantly became classics, with Nat performing them as he sings from the heart and you're loving it.”

“Enough praise cannot be written about Nat King Cole's way of pleasuring your senses. His smooth way of singing is always a delight. I am thankful that he is still with us on recordings that we'll be able to enjoy for our lifetimes.”

“Nat had a tenderness in his voice, completely flawless. He could never deliver a bad tune; his style and signature of making a song his own has never been duplicated.”

No comments:

Post a Comment