Friday 8 September 2017

13 Smash Hits – TOM JONES***

Don’t Fight It/You Keep Me Hanging On/Hold On I’m Coming/I Was Made To Love Her/Keep On Running/Get Ready/I’ll Never Fall In Love Again/I Know/I Wake Up Crying/Funny How Time Slips Away/Danny Boy/It’s A Man’s Man’s Man’s World/Yesterday

All but one of 13 Smash Hits are those of other artists. That exception is the beautiful ballad I'll Never Fall In Love Again which peaked at No. 6 in the US and No. 2 in the UK. (UK:5)

"Tom Jones is without doubt the best singer there ever was and probably will be. Its singers like him that still sing with soul, passion and feelings. Sadly in today's age we have so many auto-tuned fake pop stars now. I hope we can continue the tradition of real music and most of all a real voice."

"This is the best rendition of the beautiful song I'll Never Fall In Love Again that I have ever heard. Tom is just terrific here, and his powerful voice gives a masterful performance. Brilliant on all fronts."

"Tom is the perfect voice ever. He is powerful and smooth at the same time, he puts heart and soul into all of his songs."

"One of the greatest of all time. He can sing anything and make it sound fantastic. Very few other singers can do that. I can't actually think of any. He can sing blues, ballads, R & B, standards and pop."

"Basically 13 songs of the same over the top singing and lame instrumentation. Becomes pretty annoying fast."

"Tom Jones does Danny Boy, It's A Man's Man's World, You Keep Me Hanging On and a few others. Pretty wacky stuff."

No comments:

Post a Comment