Sunday 23 April 2017

Here Where There Is Love – DIONNE WARWICK****

Go With Love/What The World Needs Now Is Love/I Just Don’t Know What To Do With Myself/Here Where There Is Love/Trains & Boats & Planes/Alfie/As Long As He Needs Me/I Wish You Love/(I Never Knew) What You Were Up To/Blowing In The Wind

Celebrated songstress Dionne Warwick finally breaks into the American album top twenty with Here Where There Is Love. Contains the US No. 15 hit single Alfie. (US:18)

"I just love Dionne Warwick. I have heard so many love songs in my life time and I am in my late forties, yet I must say that I Wish You Love is my favourite love song of all time. Dionne Warwick fans - get this LP, you will not be disappointed."

"As LPs go, this one's pretty good. Its only failing is in programming. Once you get past Alfie, the rest is filler, with that final cut the worst by far."

"Back in the mid-60s, the young Dionne Warwick was the epitome of vocal elegance. The way she danced around her upper register could just about take your breath away."

"For years, I contented myself with a few 'Best Of' collections of Dionne's work in my collection. But deep down, I always suspected that she was more than just a singles artist and that her individual albums must be - at the very least - interesting. And it turns out that Here Where There Is Love proved my suspicions right. Even if these (mostly Bacharach/David numbers) are not all classics, there is nothing throwaway about any of the tracks here."

"There is so much in the first half that will be 'new' to many listeners, that they will have to listen to Dionne's music with new ears. By the time the actual chart toppers roll out, you're convinced that there was always much, much more to Dionne Warwick than any greatest hits package could ever suggest."

No comments:

Post a Comment