Sunday 23 April 2017

Greatest Hits – THE TEMPTATIONS*****

The Way You Do The Things You Do/My Girl/Ain’t Too Proud To Beg/Don’t Look Back/Get Ready/Beauty Is Only Skin Deep/Since I Lost My Baby/The Girl’s Alright With Me/My Baby/Its Growing/I’ll Be In Trouble/Girl(Why You Wanna Make Me Blue)

First greatest hits collection from the legendary Motown soul group The Temptations with their original line up. It covers the period from early 1964 to mid 1966. (US:5 UK:17)

"This early Temptations Greatest Hits collection not only includes power singles like My Girl and Ain't Too Proud To Beg from the original five Tempts - Paul, Eddie, Otis, David Ruffin and Melvin - but also some of their lesser known hits favoured by some of us who had been with them from the beginning, like the smooth Don't Look Back and I'll Be In Trouble."

"It gathered every Temptations single from The Way You Do The Things You Do (January 1964) to Beauty Is Only Skin Deep (August 1966). Although a couple of significant early Norman Whitfield productions appear, this first Greatest Hits basically represents the period when The Temptations belonged to Smokey Robinson."

"There are more complete compilations out there for The Temptations, but this one has their early hits that are missing from other greatest hits and best of packages."

"Everything that made Motown's original Greatest Hits series truly great is here, from the twelve brilliant 1964-66 singles to the nothing fancy front cover. Hardly less powerful than larger packages, this set ranges through the varied approaches the company's assembly line brought to the group's early hits: the intricate metaphors of My Girl, the heartbreak of Since I Lost My Baby, the outright rush of Get Ready. One of the records that helped build the Detroit soul empire."

"I would recommend it to people who would like an introduction to the groups music as it has some of their most famous hits like My Girl and Get Ready."

"Anybody seriously interested in sixties music in general and Motown in particular will enjoy The Temptations."

No comments:

Post a Comment