Saturday 8 April 2017

Come To My Party – MRS MILLS**

Good Morning/Me & My Shadow/I’ll Always Be In Love With You/Promises/Far Away Places/My Melancholy Baby/Second Hand Rose/There’s A Blue Ridge Around My Heart Virginia/Hey There/Let Him Go Let Him Tarry/I Belong To Glasgow/Dancing With My Shadow/Over The Rainbow/Get Out & Get Under The Moon

Goodtime sing-a-long joanna basher Mrs Mills was light years from where it was at in the Swinging Sixties. Nevertheless, she enjoyed a loyal following as the respectable UK album chart placing of Come To My Party testifies. Apparently, she was also quite big in Canada. (UK:17)

"If you like good old fashion piano music this LP is for you. Mrs. Mills plays the piano, has a chorus and sings. I really enjoy listening to it." "This music was just what I was looking for, brings back good memories of fun family times."

"She brought new meaning to old songs with her very special interpretation of the classics. A surreal mix of honky-tonk and post-Chopin with a slight hint of the English countryside, channelled through Liberace."

"A wide range of songs - popular and classical, standards and swing, songs from musicals and from music halls - were given the Mrs Mills treatment and she became famous for her medleys in which several songs were strung together in an extended number."

"So many of the old classic songs to sing-along to, from this superb lady Mrs Mills. Such a shame that there is nothing like this anymore."

"Well, what can I say about this wonderful lady? Her music puts you immediately in a very happy mood and is therefore great for any party you throw."

No comments:

Post a Comment