Tuesday 28 February 2017

Hits For Now & Always – KEN DODD**

Happiness/Still/Remember I Love You/No-One’s Listening/One Rose/Dreams/So Deep Is The Night/The River/Eight By Ten/Someone Like You/Island Of Blue/Have I Told You Lately That I Love You/The One I Love Belongs To Somebody Else/Now & Always

Comedian Ken Dodd makes his second appearance on the UK album chart with Hits For Now & Always which includes the No. 3 UK hit The River and his signature tune Happiness. (UK:14)

"Ken Dodd tries his hand at a wider variety of pop sounds, even brushing up against calypso music at one point on Hits For Now & Always. The album opener, Happiness, became something of a signature tune for him, and overall this is a much more interesting (though no more daring or challenging) album than his debut long-player."

"Puts most modern day entertainers/comedians in the shade, but sadly little of his material is played nowadays on mainstream TV/radio which in my opinion is a real shame."

"Put simply, if you like genuinely good music, good songs and good heartfelt singing then you'll enjoy this album."

"I should I be embarrassed about liking Happiness but I find it rather uplifting."

"Dodd was having a joke on all of us. Listen to the lyrics and see that this sickly sweet song Happiness is really a mickey-take."

"The River is a fantastic song from Ken Dodd. We played it as the first dance at our wedding and there wasn't a dry eye in the room."

No comments:

Post a Comment