Thursday 2 February 2017

Cilla Sings A Rainbow – CILLA BLACK****

Love’s Just A Broken Heart/A Lover’s Concerto/Make It Easy On Yourself/One Two Three/No Place To Hide/ When I Fall In Love/Yesterday/Sing A Rainbow/Baby I’m Yours/The Real Thing/Everything I Touch Turns To Tears/In A Woman’s Eyes/My Love Come Home

During the sixties Cilla Black was one of Britain's best known and highly regarded female vocalists, a fact unfortunately not always appreciated by younger viewers of her TV shows. Her second album Cilla Sings A Rainbow contains the UK No. 5 hit Love's Just A Broken Heart. (UK:4)

"Just listen to Sing A Rainbow or Everything I Touch Turns To Tears. Her highest charting album, Cilla Sings A Rainbow, shows why she must be remembered as one of the finest vocalists to emerge from England. This album shows her as soulful, dramatic and stunning."

"She can turn her hand to any kind of song and there is plenty of proof of that here. Uptempo classics like Lover's Concerto, to the big ballads that made her so popular, Love's Just A Broken Heart and Everything I Touch Turns To Tears."

"Some great ballads within this LP, When I Fall In Love, Everything I Touch Turns To Tears plus Sing A Rainbow, sung with delicate quality, a song introduced to Cilla by Peggy Lee. Classic album well worth an airing."

"Cilla Sings A Rainbow is often described by archivists and critics as her definitive album, indeed it was her best seller. Baby I'm Yours, Yesterday, Make It Easy On Yourself and One Two Three are my personal favourites."

"Stunning would understate what is a beautiful album featuring the diva at her most soulful and dramatic."

"Ms. Black is outstanding. She has tremendous versatility and range. Her talent seemingly knows no bounds."

"Cilla Black's music will always live on as one of the truly great voices to come out of Liverpool. Not only a brilliant singer but an all time trooper and fun lady."

No comments:

Post a Comment