Sunday 12 February 2017

Don’t Go To Strangers - EYDIE GORME****

How About Me/What’s New/What Did I Have That I Don’t Have/I’ll Be Around/If He Walked Into My Life/Don’t Go To Strangers/I Wish You Love/How Did He Look/I Wanna Be Around/Tell Him I Said Hello/When He Leaves You

Eydie Gorme's acclaimed LP Don't Go To Strangers includes the Grammy winning single If He Walked Into My Life. Eydie's albums would make the lower reaches of the chart until the early seventies. (US:22)

"It is a fantastic LP, no doubt her very best. You get a true sense of her feelings as she sings. If you truly like soft music with a meaning this is a must have. You won't find many better than this."

"I heard If He Walked Into My Life many times on the radio without knowing it was Eydie. I bought this LP just for that song, but this is an amazing collection by a truly gifted singer. Each song is a gem. The arrangements, the vocals - if you want to hear some great old songs done the right way, you have to get this."

"When the LP Don't Go To Strangers was first released is was clear that Eydie Gorme had arrived as a seriously great singer in the same league as Garland or Streisand yet with a sound, and way with a song, completely her own."

"Eydie Gorme is quite simply one of the best singers of our time. Possessing a voice that can go from an out-of-tempo whisper to solid upper register, notes surfing above the crest of a huge orchestra reaching it's crescendo. Ms Gorme can literally and delightfully make your hair stand on end."

"You can't find a better collection of torch songs than Don't Go To Strangers. This is one of the great all time albums by an amazing voice."

"Thank you Eydie for this engrossing collection of richly varied and timeless classic performances, as you created a true vocal masterpiece that is a joy to listen to and experience for always. You are a wondrous and magical singer; there is none finer on the planet and this album is the ultimate musical treat and treasure."

"This has become my favourite LP and demonstrates that Eydie is the best torch singer and the most talented pop singer ever. There is a lot of great music in this album, Eydie does each song perfectly and sounds like she means every word."

No comments:

Post a Comment