Friday 9 September 2016

My Love Forgive Me – ROBERT GOULET***

My Love Forgive Me/Now That Its Ended/Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars/Softly As I Leave You/What Kind Of Fool Am I/What Can You Do/Just Say I Love Her/Two Different Worlds/Welcome Home Angelina/Choose/Too Good/This Is All I Ask

Final US top twenty album chart placing for smooth MOR vocalist Robert Goulet came with My Love Forgive Me. The title track reached No. 16 on the US singles chart. He continued to place albums on the lower reaches of the chart for the rest of the decade. (US:5)

"Actually, despite the haste with which it was assembled, the album is one of Goulet's better collections."

"Suddenly with this material, Goulet seemed less like a fading middle-of-the-road pop singer and more like a potential competitor to the mop-topped hordes. As it turned out, his thunder was stolen by the British Invasion tagalongs Tom Jones and Engelbert Humperdinck over the next few years. But with the gold-selling, top five My Love Forgive Me LP, he briefly looked like he might be back in the hunt."

"The My Love Forgive Me tracks are a different kind of offering. This album was Robert Goulet's most popular, given the fact that beside If Ever I Would Leave You, the title track of this album is the song he was most associated with during his recording career. There are four different conductors on the twelve tracks and the album feels a little inconsistent. I will say that Mr.Goulet is on top form, and most of the set has a very serious feel to it."

"Thank you for this. Robert Goulet had such a rich, beautiful voice. One of the few great male singers."

"My Love Forgive Me - how can you get better than this. What a song, what an entertainer. Those of you that love this, don't tell me you can pass on turning this up and singing. It's not possible."

"Robert Goulet was the best baritone in his time. And his legend still lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment