Monday 19 September 2016

Beatles ’65 – THE BEATLES***

No Reply/I’m A Loser/Baby’s In Black/Rock & Roll Music/I’ll Follow The Sun/Mr Moonlight/Honey Don’t/I’ll Be Back/She’s A Woman/I Feel Fine/Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby

US only release Beatles '65 topped the album chart for nine weeks. Contains eight tracks from the UK album Beatles For Sale. The single I Feel Fine was a UK and US chart topper. (US:1)

"Beatles '65 was my very first Beatles album. I was obsessed with this album, playing it every chance I got. Still love the songs now as much as I did then. The Beatles music just doesn't get old."

"The overall maturity of these recent original songs was way above their cliché-heavy offerings of 1963. Coupling this with their becoming more adept in the studio, this being their second full album recorded on a four-track machine, their thirst for experimentation with different instruments began to emerge."

"The album is loaded with a bunch of really good songs. I'm A Loser, I'll Follow The Sun and Baby's In Black are my favourites - all of these could have been top ten songs, played on the radio."

"While this wasn't their best album it was part of another transition period of their music and once again proved the band's diversity and musicality. The album is rather dark too with all those self pitying songs."

No comments:

Post a Comment