Saturday 17 March 2018

I Pretend – DES O’CONNOR**

My Cup Runneth Over/Dream A Little Dream Of Me/Heartaches/You No-One But You/Just In My Dreams/The Other Man’s Grass Is Always Greener/I Pretend/This Guy’s In Love With You/Sunshine Of Life/Thinking Of You/ All I Need Is You/Happiness & Heartaches/Didn’t We/Never My Love

Popular British entertainer Des O'Connor had several hit singles in the late 1960s of which the chart topping I Pretend was the most successful. Often ridiculed, it is difficult to understand why anyone would prefer his version of these songs to the originals. (UK:8)

"Everybody likes to poke fun at Des O'Connor. Though better known as a TV host, Des had several UK hits in the sixties. His second hit, I Pretend, gave Des his only UK number one hit. If you enjoy easy listening pop music you will probably enjoy listening to Des O'Connor."

"If you like great crooners, great music and great songs then you'll love this."

"Des O'Connor is an all round fantastic entertainer. His voice and music are timeless. Wonderful voice and incredible entertainer."

"I love Des. He's such a classic. He's got a dreamy voice."

"His image is that of an insipid crooner who won't frighten your gran."

No comments:

Post a Comment