Saturday 25 March 2017

The Time Of My Life! – JOHN DAVIDSON***

What Now My Love/Strangers In The Night/The More I See You/Michelle/Blowin’ In The Wind/The Shadow Of Your Smile/A Taste Of Honey/Daydream/Somewhere My Love/My Love/You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me

Better known in the US as an actor and game show host, John Davidson reached the upper reaches of the US album chart for the only time with The Time Of My Life. It consists of his covers of recent chart hits. (US:19)

"John Davidson is a singer's singer and a brilliant interpreter of great lyrics. Today's aspiring singers would do well to study his vocal style."

"This LP features two of my favourite songs You Don't Have To Say You Love Me and Daydream. I'll bet I have worn out one LP playing those songs. I have studied music and would rate John Davidson at the top of 'pop' singers. Also, Daydream just makes me feel happy whenever I hear it."

"This 60s offering from Davidson and I've gotta say that he is one talented singer. When he sings that is. The album, Time Of My Life is pretty darn good. Davidson proves he could belt one out with the best of 'em. The highlight is his rendition of What Now My Love. He really lets loose on this cut, no holding back. You can hear the ache in his voice and it really is a great voice. A Taste Of Honey is another highlight. Overall. a pretty good album."

No comments:

Post a Comment