Monday 22 February 2016

I’ll Remember You – FRANK IFIELD***

Just One More Chance/I've Got That Sad & Lonely Feeling/The Glory Of Love/Gone/Lonely Teardrops/San Antonio Rose/Heart & Soul/I'm A Fool To Care/The Wisdom Of A Fool/I Heard That Lonesome Whistle/Any Time/Before This Day Ends/I Just Can't Lose The Blues/In A Mansion Stands My Love

Australian Frank Ifield was hugely popular in the UK during the period 1962-64 with his easy going, yodelling style of singing. Despite the title his smash No. 1 I Remember You has been omitted. Instead, this debut album consists mostly of older standards and filler, featuring the distinctive Ifield vocal style. (UK:3)

"His voice belongs somewhere in the Alpine range echoing through the mountains in a chilling crisp tone."

"Frank makes music which makes you hum and tap your feet."

"He had a warm, easy-going style and a singing voice that had a range from baritone up through tenor to a falsetto that produced the yodel for which most people remember him."

No comments:

Post a Comment