Sunday 28 February 2016

All Alone Am I - BRENDA LEE***

All Alone Am I/By Myself/I Left My Heart In San Francisco/Its All Right With Me/My Colouring Book/My Prayer/ Lover/All By Myself/What Kind Of Fool Am I/Come Rain Or Come Shine/I Hadn’t Anyone Till You/Fly Me To The Moon

On All Alone Am I, the majestic top ten title track compensates to some extent for the unimaginative choice of songs which are a poor vehicle for Brenda’s distinctive singing style. (US:25 UK:8)

"All Alone Am I features a classic hit single as its title track, but is unduly weighted towards adult pop standards."

"The impression is given that her album market was viewed as being a more mature audience than the more youthful one responsible for buying a high percentage of her smash 45s."

"The cover of Fats Domino's All By Myself is, aside from All Alone Am I, about the only nod to the more vigorous segment of the pop market that had made her a star in the first place."

"One of the less imaginative and interesting of her early albums."

"Brenda Lee was, without doubt, a very talented singer, and this beautiful song All Alone Am I, must rate amongst her best. Her vocal range was phenomenal, and this song, in particular, showed how good she actually was."

All Alone Am I is on top of my list of favourite songs."

“This little girl could sing up a storm and tear your heart out."

No comments:

Post a Comment