Monday 5 June 2017

I’ll Take Care Of Your Cares – FRANKIE LAINE***

I’ll Take Care Of Your Cares/I’m Free/Maybe/You’re Breaking My Heart/Heartless One/What Do You Do With An Old Song/Making Memories/Somewhere There’s Someone/The Moment Of Truth/If I Didn’t Care/I Wish You Were Jealous Of Me

I'll Take Care Of Your Cares provided the vehicle for a surprise return to the US album chart for vocalist Frankie Lane who was at the peak of his popularity a decade earlier. Title track dates from 1927 and is representative of the rather old time music on this album. (US:16)

"I love I’ll Take Care Of Your Cares and Making Memories. This is when music was music and had a real message of love."

"I took I'll Take Care Of Your Cares home in 1967 or 1968 and we played it all the time. Such great tunes by a master."

"This is from Frankie's years at ABC records and he had some great recordings there. Frankie probably sang better at an advanced age than anyone I can remember."

"Some people think Frankie was a western singer, but anyone who has followed him through the years knows this is not so. He had such a great voice."

"Frankie Laine was one of the old time greats. Having lived during that era I can only say that his rendition of Making Memories is memorable."

"I pity the people who didn't live through that period in our history. Then there were many music styles to choose from, now it all sounds the same."

No comments:

Post a Comment