Tuesday 27 December 2016

Temptin’ Temptations – THE TEMPTATIONS****

Since I Lost My Baby/The Girl’s Alright With Me/Just Another Lonely Night/My Baby/You’ve Got To Earn It/Everybody Needs Love/Girl(Why You Wanna Make Me Blue)/Don’t Look Back/I Gotta Know Now/Born To Love You/I’ll Be In Trouble/You’re The One I Need

This legendary Motown soul group made the first of many US top twenty album chart appearances with Temptin' Temptations. Includes the US top twenty singles Since I Lost My Baby and My Baby. (US:11)

"Temptin' Temptations, is a showcase for Smokey Robinson. He wrote and produced some bright, melodically spot-on tunes - the elegantly sad Since I Lost My Baby, the charming My Baby and the infectious You've Got To Earn It. The performances by the group, still in their original line-up, are dominated by the fantastic tenor voices of Eddie Kendricks and David Ruffin and typically excellent harmonies from the others."

"The title of the album does not mislead, they will clearly tempt you and then tempt you some more. These are the songs we know and love from our favourite Tempts, who do some of their best work here. Every song is great with no filler anywhere."

"This LP is a must if you are a Temptations fan. There were some big hits here, but I was very impressed with the songs that didn't make it big. So if you haven't gotten this one yet, go out and purchase it because it is a must have."

"The Temptations third album was much in the same vein as their second, with Smokey Robinson having a hand in most of the songwriting and serving as executive producer: However, Temptin’ Temptations features several other writers and producers beside Robinson, including Norman Whitfield."

"The album is notable in that there aren’t any well-known hit singles like My Girl or Get Ready here, although Since I Lost My Baby and Don’t Look Back are minor classics which, although good (and among the best here), do not stand out from the rest too much. This works in the album’s favour, as it means there are no singles that outshine the rest of the album, and it feels more consistent overall."

"Listening to Temptin' Temptations is a cheap ticket back to first loves, weekend parties and the euphoria of youth. A must for Temptations fans. No group has come along to out harmonize the original Temptations. For the best stroll down memory lane, buy this album and almost cry when you hear perfection."

No comments:

Post a Comment