Saturday 3 December 2016

More Great Song Hits – THE BACHELORS***

My Foolish Heart/Whistle Down The Wind/Skip To My Lou/I’m Yours/Pennies From Heaven/Down Among The Sheltering Palms/Sitting In The Sun/Ten Pretty Girls/Danny Boy/If I Should Fall In Love/True Love For Evermore/The Saints/With All My Heart/Till Then My Love/You’re Next/A Love To Last A Lifetime

Amidst the British beat groups of the sixties The Bachelors created a niche for themselves with their uptempo re-workings of old time songs from earlier in the century. More Great Song Hits omits the group's own hit singles. (UK:15)

"The Bachelors were great, such an unusual and pure act in between all of those crazy 60s beat groups. Great harmony voices, very rare in these days of electronic rubbish."

"I'd forgotten how good The Bachelors were. There's so much vulgarity and profanity in the charts nowadays that it's refreshing to find some truly entertaining music."

"This is top quality singing with top quality harmonies sung so well you can listen to them over and over. Each song is performed thoughtfully and with such variety they never tire."

No comments:

Post a Comment