Thursday 29 December 2016

Gold & 2nd Vault Of Golden Hits – THE FOUR SEASONS*****

(Gold Vault)Let’s Hang On/Rag Doll/Ronnie/Big Man In Town/Silence Is Golden/Bye Bye Baby/Dawn(Go Away)/Save It For Me/Girl Come Running/Betrayed/Toy Soldier/Cry Myself To Sleep.(2nd Vault) Sherry/Walk Like A Man/Candy Girl/Stay/Alone/Marlena/I’ve Got You Under My Skin/Big Girls Don’t Cry/Working My Way Back To You/Opus 17/Peanuts/Connie-O

These two hits album releases from The Four Seasons contained all their major hits between 1962 and 1965. Gold Vault Of Hits reached No. 10, and 2nd Vault Of Golden Hits was No. 22, on the US album chart. "A well-programmed, best of by one of the great critically underappreciated bands of the '60s. The song selection splits the difference between The Season's pure pop side and their more socially relevant material. If you prefer the pure pop stuff, however, there's no need to apologize; in fact, thanks to Seasons songwriter Bob Gaudio's infectious tunes, lead singer Frankie Valli's seemingly helium-induced falsetto, and Bob Crewe's psychedelically vivid productions, one can make a reasonable case that some of the stuff here is the purest pop music ever made."

"This is the one - any best of The Four Seasons should have all of these tracks on it. Apart from the gorgeous singing and the great songs listen to the drum and rhythm guitar sound. This is majestic pop music, up with the best of Phil Spector or early Tamla Motown."

"I loved the beat and harmonics of this group, became an instant fan, and still feel that this album is the best of the lot; one where all the songs are worth listening to again and again."

"It's wonderful. I love every one of these songs. I especially like Betrayed and Cry Myself To Sleep. I wonder why they didn't make it very big? And then, of course, I like Let's Hang On! and Rag Doll and all the other big hit songs. Buy it."

"I was probably about nine years old when Rag Doll hit the AM radio stations but I remember it like it was yesterday. These guys had great harmony. My brother owned this album and it was lost long ago so I just had to buy it again. Good overview of some of their greatest hits."

No comments:

Post a Comment