Tuesday 25 July 2017

Raymond Lefevre – RAYMOND LEFEVRE***

A Whiter Shade Of Pale/Ame Caline(Soul Coaxing)/Think Of Summer/Release Me/Notre Roman/Puppet On A String/L’important C’est La Rose/Nous Ne Sortirons Qu’au Printemps/Quand On Revient/Groovin'/Adios Amor/ Les Gens Du Nord

Self titled easy listening debut album on the Major Minor label from noted French musical arranger Raymond Lefevre. It features the US and UK minor hit Soul Coaxing. (UK:10)

"The use of guitar, female vocals and piano are unmistakably Lefevre, and I feel him in the arrangement of the strings. I'm particularly fond of Nous Ne Sortirons Qu'au Printemps which makes me feel tres nostalgique."

"Underplayed is right - you never hear this on radio."

"I love Soul Coaxing - an orchestra but with a rock beat - and a mesmerizing melody. I have to rank this as one of my top five instrumentals songs."

"Soul Coaxing is a killer track, Lefèvre has one of the best versions. The interplay between those arpegiated chords and that tuneful bass line in the intro is enough to get the spine tingling, and then that beautiful top melody kicks in. A great and not well enough known instrumental masterpiece."

"Soul Coaxing is a timeless classic and it will never grow old. I hope this is the kind of music they play in heaven after I'm gone."

"There have obviously been many, many beautiful and stirring instrumentals over the years. But nothing like Soul Coaxing. Underrated...underplayed...under-appreciated. But it's genius and in my book unsurpassed."

No comments:

Post a Comment