Friday 7 July 2017

Best Of Volume 2 – THE BEACH BOYS****

Surfer Girl/Don’t Worry Baby/Wendy/When I Grow Up/Good To My Baby/Dance Dance Dance/Then I Kissed Her/ The Girl From New York City/Girl Don’t Tell Me/The Little Girl I Once Knew/Mountain Of Love/Here Today/ Wouldn’t It Be Nice/Good Vibrations

Follow up compilation album from The Beach Boys which had a different track listing in Britain and the States. There are much better compilation CDs of this essential group available today. (US:50 UK:3)

"These songs - even those that are more than four decades old - always sound strangely fresh and will likely remain so as long as there are beaches, young people and that symbolic season of freedom and dreams."

"So many of their songs are well known, and not just to those who were raised on this music, but to people of all ages. Part of the reason may be that surf music is inextricably linked with the sixties - you won't find any modern equivalent."

"It is easy to picture people cruising around on hot summer days with this music playing, whilst it is just as easy to picture people slow dancing to some of the other songs."

"I cannot help but smile to myself when I am listening to this music during the morning commute. What a real, real shame that bands today don't manage to produce music that is as softly brilliant as this. Somehow the music manages to make me feel so much younger and happier just listening to it."

No comments:

Post a Comment