Thursday 4 May 2017

Claudine – CLAUDINE LONGET***

A Man & A Woman/Here There & Everywhere/Meditation/Tu As Beau Sourire/A Feliciade/Wanderlove/Hello Hello/Sunrise Sunset/Until Its Time For You To Go/My Guy

Claudine was the debut album of lounge music from French easy listening vocalist Claudine Longet who was married to Andy Williams at the time of release. (US:11)

"This is excellent easy listening/lounge music. This LP collects some very good material sung in her trademark light, breathy style set against tasteful, attractive arrangements."

"Close to 60s-kitsch, but in a very good way. A very guilty pleasure. But a pleasure nevertheless."

"As a fan of Claudine's for many years, I like this album. But I don't recommend it as a starting point (for a new fan, try one of the 'hits' packages). When you're ready for more, this is a good one to get."

"If you love easy listening, you're going to love this LP. Imagine eerily-giddy, yet sexy-breathy French accented vocals backed by an immaculate pop orchestra, that's Claudine Longet."

"Claudine's talent is in making the cover version of a song completely hers. So if you'd like to get to the source of easy listening, buy this now."

"I think I hear an angel sing every time I crank up Claudine's LPs. Fallen angel? Perhaps, but aren't we all? The truth of the human heart shines through her songs, be they written especially for her, or merely covers. I predict the day will come when music lovers again swoon to her songs."

"Without hesitation, I would say that she has the softest voice that I have ever had the pleasure of hearing. Her mellow wispy voice evokes quiet intimate warmth."

"I absolutely love the arrangement here, the music is soothing and beautiful but let's face it, Claudine was really just speaking more than singing."

No comments:

Post a Comment