Tuesday 25 October 2016

Hitmaker! – BURT BACHARACH*****

Don’t Make Me Over/Walk On By/Don’t Go Breaking My Heart/Blue On Blue/The Last One To Be Loved/There’s Always Something There To Remind Me/24 Hours From Tulsa/Trains & Boats & Planes/Wives & Lovers/Saturday Sunshine/A House Is Not A Home/Anyone Who Had A Heart

Acclaimed songwriter Burt Bacharach first album release, the aptly titled Hitmaker! includes the UK top five hit single Trains & Boats & Planes. Most of the songs were hits for other artists. (UK:3)

"Burt Bacharach's songwriting partnership with Hal David is one of the most successful in pop history. Together, they are often considered a songwriting team with few peers - Bacharach writes the music and David the lyrics."

"The only Burt for me is Bacharach. His soothing sounds and punchy lyrics lift me up in the elevator of his songs to the 777th floor of heavenly bliss. Don't Go Breaking My Heart is an undoubted classic, of course, but the real gem here is Saturday Sunshine, previously unreleased due to a hideous, unpardonable offence by the otherwise mostly benign music industry."

"Ladies and gentlemen, Burt Bacharach is the best musician ever. Burt is so incredible, when I first heard this album I thought I was dreaming, I was so amazed at the depth and validity every one of his songs contain."

"This album is lovely, especially for containing Walk On By (original instrumental), and I love What's New Pussycat. Here is sensitive music and great arrangements. For me it brings out the essence of Burt Bacharach."

"Burt Bacharach is one of the greatest and hippest composers of all time, and his collaborations with Hal David are some of the greatest pop tunes ever written."

"I still get chills from Anyone Who Had A Heart, or Always Something There To Remind Me. These are the great tunes that inspired so many of the great pop writers that followed."

"Words cannot describe how this musical giant has lifted me up. I have a great appreciation for Mr. Bacharach's music. I think this album catches the essence of what is Burt Bacharach exactly. Wonderful arrangements, elegance and creativity. It's like a travel through the best that music can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment