Thursday 16 June 2016

Blue Skies – FRANK IFIELD***

Blue Skies/Dark Moon/You Came A Long Way From St Louis/Tumbling Tumbleweeds/Let Me Be The One/I’ll Be Around/My Blue Heaven/Sweet Lorraine/I’m Sorry/Who Cares/Make It Soon/I’ve Got You Under My Skin

Blue Skies was Frank Ifield's third and final top twenty LP of new recordings. His choice of material was becoming a little outmoded with the rise of beat groups delivering a more dynamic R & B based sound. (UK:10)

"Frank Ifield's sound was so unique. An Englishman from Australia, his music was very special to me from the very first time I heard him."

"What mastery of voice he displays - his effortless glissando or portamento into and out of falsetto is simply breathtaking."

"Frank Ifield was a little before The Beatles so he just had his talent to ride on not the whole British Invasion. He sounds like early American country music. Well worth a listen."

"While the man could certainly carry a nice tune, it seems his stage presence was a bit wooden."

"He was my first pop idol before The Beatles came along. Much underrated, although he had at least three Number 1 hits in the UK."

No comments:

Post a Comment