Wednesday 13 April 2016

Pickwick – LONDON CAST***

Like The Company Of Men/That's What I'd Like For Christmas/The Pickwickians/Bit Of A Character/There's Something About You/A Gentleman's Gentleman/You Never Met A Feller Like Me/I'll Never Be Lonely Again/ Fizkin & Pickwick/Very/If I Ruled The World/I'll Never Be Lonely Again(Reprise)/Talk/That's The Law/Damages/If I Ruled The World(Reprise)

The London cast musical Pickwick starred Harry Secombe. It opened at the Saville Theatre in July 1963 and ran for 694 performances. Based on the Charles Dickens novel The Pickwick Papers about the escapades of the portly Mr Pickwick and his chums. Includes the UK top twenty single If I Ruled The World. Music by Cyril Ornadel and lyrics by Leslie Bricusse. (UK:12)

"There isn't a jollier show anywhere than this musical version of The Pickwick Papers. It exactly catches the cheerful and goodhearted spirit of the gentleman with the bald head and round glasses who is its hero."

"The well-loved story, the tuneful music and witty lyrics provide a recipe that can't fail to delight audiences. The famous If I Ruled The World is just one of a host of strong numbers, and there is plenty of work for chorus and dancers."

No comments:

Post a Comment