Sunday 10 April 2016

Mondo Cane – SOUNDTRACK****

Life Saver’s Girl/L’isola Maledetta/Ragazze E Marinai/Hong Kong Cha Cha Cha/ L’ultimo Volo/Dog Meat/China Tarantella/I Pescatori Di Ragjput Gli Squali/ More (Ti Guardero’ Nel Cuore)/Free Way/Casa Della Morte/Il Purgatorio/Repabhan Strausse/La Forcada/Cargo Cult-Finale

The film Mondo Cane explored some curious human activities from around the globe set to backing music composed by Riz Ortolani and Nino Oliviero. The Kai Winding version of the luscious theme tune More reached the US top ten. The sublime soundtrack is in sharp contrast to some of the elements in this disturbing 'documentary'. (US:15)

"Oliverio and Ortolani have a great melodic sense and a good sense of humour. More is an outstanding melody anyway you look at or listen. It may be simple but you won't forget that melody after the first listening."

"The music is somewhere between the classic Italian cinema score style of Nino Rota and what would today be called 'lounge' music. The best track is #9, which became the standard More."

"I have always considered More to be the most beautiful song that I have ever heard. The score from Mondo Cane has the most beautiful orchestration and arrangements of this song. I can't stop playing this LP. For me, music is one of the greatest gifts to mankind."

"The music held within is some of the most beautiful and unique I have ever heard. It is the sound one would expect to hear in heaven. No matter what music you're into, I guarantee that this purchase is well worth the money."

"Mondo Cane is, for me, one of the best, if not the best piece of music ever done. This music haunts my memory like no other. More takes me to another time and place."

"The score (including the Oscar-winning theme song More) blends kitschy lounge-jazz and soaring orchestrations in a way that perfectly matches the ever-shifting moods of the film."

No comments:

Post a Comment