Thursday 14 April 2016

Hollywood - My Way – NANCY WILSON****

My Shining Hour/Days Of Wine & Roses/Moon River/Secret Love/Dearly Beloved/I’ll Never Stop Loving You/When Did You Leave/Almost In Your Arms(Love Song From Houseboat)/Wild Is The Wind/Second Time Around/Did I Remember/You’d Be So Nice To Come Home To

Nancy Wilson quickly followed up her successful Broadway album with this movie themed collection Hollywood My Way, with tracks dating from the 1930s to the 1960s. (US:11)

"In the early 60s Nancy Wilson was arising as the most prolific female singer Capitol Records had, and her voice went everywhere. Sensuous, lively and so tender she'd melt your heart in Alaska."

"Jimmy Jones' arrangements are Billy May-like, but also a smooth back up to Nancy Wilson's style - jazzy and intimate."

"Hollywood - My Way is filled with strong material, fine arrangements, and more than enough evidence of Wilson's considerable and elegant vocal talents."

"This collection of movie songs, ranging from 1931's When Did You Leave Heaven to 1962's Days Of Wine And Roses with stellar Jimmy Jones' arrangements, is one of Wilson's best."

"As usual she deftly works through a variety of tempi with aplomb."

“This type of music is like a drug to me, so beautiful."

“I've always enjoyed her voice. Very melodic, while distinctive."

No comments:

Post a Comment