Wednesday 30 December 2015

Vincent Edwards Sings – VINCENT EDWARDS**

I’ll Walk Alone/Don’t Worry ‘Bout Me/When I Fall In Love/I Got It Bad(And That Ain’t Good)/Try A Little Tenderness/How Deep Is The Ocean/Lonesome Road/Stormy Weather/As Time Goes By/And Now/Unchained Melody/Everybody’s Got A Home But Me

Vincent Edwards was the star of the TV series Ben Casey when he recorded this album of standards to cash in on his celebrity status. His quick follow up album would struggle to make the top 100. (US:5)

“Vince Edwards sings like he wanted to be called by the Rat Pack if anything ever happened to Sammy Davis Jr. Well worth investigating if you like vocal standards.”

“Vince Edwards recorded this during the height of his Ben Casey fame. Based on his dark rugged looks, I expected his voice to be deep, low, and maybe gruff; I did not expect to hear a tenor. All in all, a pleasant record full of familiar standards."

“As I recall his voice wasn’t anywhere as beautiful as his face. Kildare wins on this one.” “I tried listening to it but I would rather stare at the record sleeve.”

No comments:

Post a Comment