Sunday 20 December 2015

A Touch Of Velvet – JIM REEVES*****

Have You Ever Been Lonely/There’s Always Me/Just Walking In The Rain/Be Honest With Me/Welcome To My World/(Its No) Sin/I Fall To Pieces/Am I That Easy To Forget/Blue Skies/All Dressed Up & Lonely/Wild Rose/I’m A Fool To Care

A Touch Of Velvet was the first album from country legend Jim Reeves to use an orchestra, which gave him more crossover appeal. Includes one of his best tracks the UK No. 6 hit single Welcome To My World. (US:97 UK:8)

“I love the melodies, Jim Reeves's voice, and the strings. The arrangements are beautiful. The songs are ballads with a country flavour and the clean sound is characteristic of Nashville in the 60s.”

“Being able to hear this beautiful music again is a real treat. Jim Reeves was a wonderful talent, still very listenable. I recommend this highly.”

A Touch Of Velvet is outstanding. Jim is in top form, what a great voice. If you like anything by Jim Reeves then this LP is a must.”

“I grew up listening to Jim Reeves' music. He was called the ‘Voice of Velvet’. Few singers in history have had the vocal quality of this superstar. Sit back and listen to the beautiful melodies.”

“Showcases Jim's velvet vocals on a selection of Nashville country-pop tunes. The giant hit Welcome To My World is nice to have in its original form.”

“I'm a great fan of Jim Reeves. I think he has a wonderfully rich and expressive voice and is a truly great interpreter of country music. The Touch Of Velvet LP has some really excellent songs, beautifully performed.”

A Touch Of Velvet was the first album he did with an orchestra and contains some nice country standards. Although a long way from his original sound it is still very good.”

“Jim in easy listening mode. From the classic Just Walking In The Rain to the rarer All Dressed Up & Lonely, this selection is as good as it gets, winding up with the standard I'm A Fool To Care, which shows off that rich voice. Marvellous music.”

No comments:

Post a Comment