Sunday 27 December 2015

It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin’ – JOHNNY TILLOTSON***

It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin’/Lonely Street/I’m So Lonesome I Could Try/Funny How Time Slips Away/I Fall To Pieces/What’ll I Do/I Can’t Help It (If I’m Still In Love With You)/Take Good Care Of Her/Four Walls/Send Me The Pillow That You Dream On/Fool No.1/Hello Walls

It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin’ was Florida teen idol Johnny Tillotson’s most successful album, with the title track single reaching No. 3 in the States. However, a compilation album of his hit singles, which includes the fabulous Poetry In Motion, may be a better purchase. (US:8)

It Keeps Right On A Hurtin was a huge pop and country hit for Johnny, who composed it himself, in tribute to his musical hero Hank Williams. Both that song and the whole album were recorded in Nashville, using the city's A-list musicians.”

“This is the best album Johnny made. Great songs and great backings.” “Johnny Tillotson can sing anything and give it his best. He can sing a song better than the original singer of a song. He is a great songwriter.”

“This Tillotson album really grew on me, subconsciously. I am not a country fan, but this LP hits a sweet spot.”

“Johnny Tillotson's soothing harmonies swooned audiences through much of the '60s.”

"It Keeps Right On A Hurtin’ is a lush country ballad that shows just how well Johnny Tillotson could handle differing types of material; and I really like the ultra-romantic Send Me The Pillow You Dream On."

No comments:

Post a Comment