Sunday 25 January 2015

Young At Heart – RAY CONNIFF****

Remember/You’ll Never Know/Dancing With Tears In My Eyes/I’m In The Mood For Love/I’ll Be Seeing You/Its Dark On Observation Hill/These Foolish Things/Ma He’s Making Eyes At Me/Young At Heart/If I Loved You/ Harbour Lights/I’ll See You In My Dreams

Easy listening choral music was very popular during the early 1960s, none more so than that of the Ray Conniff and his singers. Young At Heart was one of his most popular LPs. (US:6)

“I've owned quite a few Ray Conniff LPs over the years, and this one continues to be my favourite. It has a great collection of standards, a smooth and happy tempo throughout, and the arrangements are totally awesome.”

“This is one of the early attempts from the vocal talents of the Ray Conniff Singers performing popular numbers, and it is one of the best. Young At Heart, Harbour Lights and These Foolish Things all have wonderful arrangements. My personal favourite is It's Dark On Observatory Hill. If you enjoy the voices of the Ray Conniff Singers, then you will like this album.”

“Ray was at the peak of his choral writing for this album. There is just no one on the market with a better vocal dance beat.”

“I love the blending of their voices and the way they style the music. I find myself humming the songs long afterwards. You will never hear anything as beautiful and lively as a Ray Conniff styled song. I just know I love listening to them and that's the bottom line.” “The Ray Conniff Singers are one of those old time groups that had a distinctive sound. The songs are very old fashioned but it is soothing music.”

“If you are not singing along with these tunes, I will be amazed. Another collection of old standards that you are not 'too old' to enjoy. Very rich treatments of songs we all know, and most of us love. So-called 'modern music' has so much to learn, and offers so little to be truly appreciated, in comparison.”

“Ray was at the peak of his choral writing for this album. There is just no one on the market with a better vocal dance beat.”

No comments:

Post a Comment