Monday 12 January 2015

Like Love – ANDRE PREVIN***

Like Love/When I Fall In Love/I Wish I Were In Love Again/Falling In Love Again/In Love In Vain/Nothin’ To Do With Love/Love Is Here To Stay/Love Me Or Leave Me/Looking For Love/At Long Last Love/Like Someone In Love/I Love A Piano

With the world love in each song title some perceptive pundits suspected that pianist Andre Previn may have wanted Like Love to engender a feeling of romance in his listeners. (US:25)

“Previn’s slightly jazzy yet romantic piano stylings are featured here with lush strings as background. Some might call it easy listening; it certainly is that; yet some would think of this LP as primarily romantic. I like it as quiet, light music to entertain by. So, take your choice, it is a great and listenable collection.”

“It is my all time favourite album. I love the jazz piano with the strings. Andre Previn really got this one right. To date, there has been no equal.”

“I grew up listening to the wonderful music of Andre Previn. This album is one of my particular favourites, twelve tracks of love songs. It is the epitome of easy listening, relaxing music. A great stress reliever. Highly recommended."

“I have always loved it. Previn is an outstanding jazz and classical pianist, combining the two masterfully on this LP.”

“I'm a big fan of Previn's jazz work and while he himself is fine, the orchestra accompanying him is dire and the arrangements dreary, grim even.”

Like Love is a pleasant session that features pianist André Previn and a string section breezing through several standards that include 'love' in the title. Previn keeps the proceedings from getting too sugary by utilizing his jazz talents, which especially benefit Hollander/Lerner's Falling in Love Again, Gershwin's Love Is Here To Stay and Cole Porter's At Long Last Love. This is an enjoyable and romantic addition to Previn's immense catalogue.”

“This is a nice easy listening, romantic and lush orchestra album. It features some nice piano playing as well, with orchestrations similar in style to Nelson Riddle. Very recommended.”

No comments:

Post a Comment