Tuesday 19 May 2020

To You With Love - DONNY OSMOND***

I Knew You When/Little Bit/Go Away Little Girl/Hey Little Johnny/Sit Down I Think I Love You/A Little Bit Me A Little Bit You/Do You Want Me/Bye Bye Love/I'm Into Something Good/Standing In The Need Of Love

To You With Love was the follow up album from young teen heart throb Donny Osmond. Filled with covers his pre teen audience of young girls probably thought all of these were new songs. Includes the US chart topper Go Away Little Girl. (US:12)

“I am 50 and still love to hear Donny Osmond, so if you are a fan and want to bring back those teen memories I highly recommend this.”

“Here is a very young Donny Osmond singing his heart out; and that cute 1970s melody still sounds so fresh and good today. This is still great music for dancing; Donny's voice is excellent and it all holds its own very well. Go Away Little Girl slows down the tempo quite a bit; this melancholy ballad sounds wonderful and he never misses a beat. Even at a very young age, Donny had an intuitive feel for music and an uncanny sense of timing to make his songs all the better.”

“During my preteen years I thought Donny Osmond and his brothers were the essence of pop. This is great nostalgia stuff, good material and not badly performed either. No doubt this wholesome music had a positive influence on my emotional and intellectual development.”

“I had not heard Donny's old songs in over thirty years so I really enjoyed it. It is nice to hear the young voice of Donny in his early songs.”

“Albums such as this should be judged upon nothing more than the quality of the songs. If you enjoy the barely pubescent Donny voice on one song, you will probably admire it on the rest. It would not be cruel to suggest that he had nothing more to do with the creation of these records than turning up at the studio to sing what he was told. Orchestras float, lush strings flow, and little Donny sings like an angel.”

No comments:

Post a Comment