Thursday 13 June 2019

It'll All Work Out In Boomland - T2***

In Circles/JLT/No More White Horses/Morning

It’ll All Work Out In Boomland was the sole 1970s album release from the obscure British progressive band T2. Despite positive reviews it achieved little commercial success and the group disbanded during the recording of the next album.

It'll All Workout In Boomland combines the heaviness of Black Sabbath with the lyrical beauty of Love's Forever Changes. They are all superb musicians who manage to make a heavy progressive album that is an absolute joy to listen to.”

“This is definitely among the greatest albums of the whole 1970s. T2's masterpiece offers a fantastic combination of heavy psychedelia, progressive and hard rock.”

"No More White Horses could very well be one of the greatest songs ever written and the other three cuts aren't any weaker. The album is a complete pleasure for every fan of this kind of music.”

“Although I don't think it is quite the lost classic that it is made out to be, it's certainly an interesting prog rock take on a hard psych sound, particularly notable for having substantially less focus on keyboards and more on lead guitar than many groups of the era. The vocal harmonies on show are interesting too, though here I think they suffer from the slightly muzzy sound quality.”

“T2 offers us some ultimate quality heavy psych/progressive rock music with these four long numbers. The shortest of the cuts here is almost six minutes long while the longest piece here forms the whole of side two by itself. I can't name my favourite track since these are all so perfect. I'm a psych/prog fan and in my opinion this is one of the strongest albums within these genres.”

“Nothing earth shattering here but it's a nice rock album with very progressive leanings. If you prefer songs to suites and overplaying musicians but like good rock music then I say don't be afraid. I don't get a tired head listening to this, it keeps me interested throughout without making me wonder how long it's going to go on. For a progressive album, that's about as high praise as I can give.”

“The best part, after the guitar playing is the vocals that exactly suit the music. It would have been a perfect album, except for the too long twenty minute Morning. All of the other songs are great, especially No More White Horses."

No comments:

Post a Comment