Sunday 4 October 2015

Take Good Care Of My Baby – BOBBY VEE****

Take Good Care Of My Baby/Will You Love Me Tomorrow/Remember Me Huh/He Will Break Your Heart/Who Am I/Run To Him/Walkin’ With My Angel/Raining In My Heart/Go On/Little Flame/So You’re In Love/Hark Is That A Cannon I Hear

The early 1960s was the era of clean cut teen idols and Bobby Vee epitomized the genre more than any other. The single Take Good Care Of My Baby reached No. 1 in the US and Run To Him stalled one place lower. (US:91 UK:6)

“Forget the negative press Bobby Vee has gotten over the years. For those of us old enough to have enjoyed the music of the period Vee's recordings made a lasting impression on our minds and dreams. Leave it that he was underrated to a fault, and that this album was a high watermark of his recording career.”

“Bobby Vee has a way with a song. He is simply unmatched as a vocalist and is one of the most underrated singers around. Whereas a lot of the music from Bobby's era sounds dated, the music here is timeless.”

“What teenage girl didn't love Bobby Vee. A great trip down memory lane. The songs and vocals are as good as they were then, they aged well. You'll love this.”

“I always enjoyed Bobby Vee, even though he was way before my time. Simple straightforward pop songs, clearly sung and hugely enjoyable.”

Take Good Care Of My Baby is a stunning number and when Bobby sings this it shines just as brilliantly as it ever did. Run To Him is another romantic ballad but of course it is melancholy. Bobby never sings a superfluous note.”

Take Good Care Of My Baby features an irresistible melody along with inspired and sincere lyrics. Add to that an equally strong vocal performance by Bobby Vee and you have one of the greatest hits of all time.”

Walkin’ With My Angel is a wonderful upbeat, happy song from a great era. The late '50s and the early '60s were the heyday of the so-called 'teen idols'. Almost all of these 'idols' were of Italian ethnicity, including Bobby Vee. Most of the music then was positive and danceable. What a difference from most of today's music.”

No comments:

Post a Comment