Monday 19 October 2015

Greatest String Band Hits – BILLY VAUGHN***

Carolina In The Morning/Bye Bye Blackbird/Japanese Sandman/Put On Your Old Grey Bonnet/I’m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover/Happy Days Are Here Again/Chinatown My Chinatown/Alabama Jubilee/Smiles/In A Shanty In Old Shanty Town/Baby Face/Oh You Beautiful Doll

Greatest String Band Hits was a collection of old time tunes given the Billy Vaughn orchestral treatment. Most of these tracks date from the 1920s or earlier. (US:18)

“Billy Vaughn was Music Director at Dot Records while recording various best-selling albums with his own orchestra.”

“The band has a smooth and easy listening sound, which makes it great for background music while I'm working at my desk. This LP has a lot of old classic tunes that I remember hearing as a kid, and brings back memories of seeing my Mom and Dad dancing to these same songs.”

“Because Billy Vaughn had big hits in Latin America, South America, Africa, Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, Sweden, Germany and of course the US, among other countries.”

“Billy Vaughn is arguably the most under-appreciated musician of the 50s and 60s.”

No comments:

Post a Comment