Thursday 22 October 2015

A Song For Young Love – THE LETTERMEN****

A Song For Young Love/I’ll Be Seeing You/Smile/It Happened Once Before/When I Fall In Love/The Way You Look Tonight/Come Back Silly Girl/Valley High/In The Still Of The Night/Dreamer/There’s Got To Be A Girl/ Blueberry Hill

A Song For Young Love was the debut album from the Los Angles harmony group The Lettermen. Includes three US top twenty hit singles, When I Fall In Love, The Way You Look Tonight and the drippy Come Back Silly Girl. (US:6)

“They just had great chemistry, their voice types matched well, and the result was a unique sound, a great blend. This original period, far and away, represents their best material, and is some of my favourite music of all time.”

“The Lettermen harmonized just about better than any group I've ever heard; and they sang with all their hearts.”

"On Blueberry Hill they harmonize so sweetly; the strings complement their singing perfectly and I love every minute of it. The Lettermen prove with this tune they were champs. When I Fall In Love is equally bright; this is a major highlight of the album and it's truly very beautiful featuring The Lettermen harmonizing to perfection, and beyond. In addition, The Way You Look Tonight shines brightly and The Lettermen never skip a beat.”

The Way You Look Tonight is absolute perfection, a wonderful song. This must be the best group ever. So romantic. I shall play it over and over.”

“What vocals, what harmony, these guys had it together, plus the memories of a simpler time.”

“This great era of music should never have ended. Thankfully, the recordings endure.”

“Simple melody, simple words, simply great. Come Back Silly Girl is one of many that reflect the musical, and actual, innocence of the early 60s. I wish my children, and now grandchildren, could have had the absolute joy of turning on a radio and hearing a song like this for the first time. How fortunate I feel to have lived through that era.”

No comments:

Post a Comment