Tuesday 26 June 2018

Over & Over – NANA MOUSKOURI***

Scarborough Fair-Canticle/The Last Thing On My Mind/The Lily Of The West/Try To Remember/Song For A Winter’s Night/Erene/The First Time Ever(I Saw Your Face)/Love Tastes Like Strawberries/The White Rose Of Athens/Over & Over/Cucurucucu Paloma/My Friend The Sea

Over & Over was the commercial breakthrough album from Greek chanteuse Nana Mouskouri, who regularly appeared on British TV shows during the late sixties, early seventies period. (UK:10)

"Originally released in 1969, it was Mouskouri's stunning English debut album. An amazing interpretation of Simon & Garfunkel's Scarborough Fair song, with soaring vocals and very cool acoustic guitar accompaniment, an example of Mouskouri's magnificent vocal achievement throughout this album."

"When I lived in San Francisco about 30 years ago a radio station played The Last Thing On My Mind from time to time. As soon as I heard the singer's name I went to the nearest record store and ordered the LP, Over & Over. Nana Mouskouri is still my favourite singer."

"Singing with such a feeling of experiences in every word of the poems. Nana is great, Nana is love. Nana seems to find the greatest musicians too. An album by a great artist - an album with good music to listen to and relax."

"This is Nana Mouskouri at her very best. Good quality songs, this is one album you will want in your collection, to play it over and over."

"This is easy listening that is hard not to listen to attentively; such is the beauty of her voice."

"One of the most beautiful voices of her generation this should be in the collection of everyone who likes good music."

"This lovely voice. It's rare nowadays to find such a clear and strong sounded vocal and I must admit have a goose bump each time I hear Nana Mouskouri. Excellent LP for a romantic evening."

No comments:

Post a Comment